2013 has seen the launch of the new Brompton Dock at Peterborough Trainstation. A Brompton Dock consists of a number of lockers each containing a fold-up Brompton bike. The scheme differs allows users to take ownership of the bike for short periods of time, and rental charges decrease the longer the bike is used. There are options that suits all different type of users.
How to become a member
- Register online, http://www.bromptondock.co.uk/ and enter your name, mobile number, email address and receive a unique PIN number.
- Enter your credit card details and pay the appropriate fee – Annual fee is £45 for a frequent membership and £10 for a leisure membership.
- After registering, all you need is your mobile phone to take a bike out or put it back.
How to rent a bike
- Turn up at the station with your mobile phone which will have a text containing a personal 4 digit PIN number which you got when registering.
- When you go to the dock, send a text to 07800 008078 with “dock number space NOW space your PIN” e.g. If the dock number is 1234 and your PIN number is 5678, then your text should be: 1234 NOW 5678
- You will receive back a text with a bay number and an access code. This access code is valid for one hour.
- Punch the access code into the keypad on the dock, press ENTER and the bay will unlock. If you have made an error please press CANCEL and start again. Go to the bay, open the door and your bike will be there for you. Please shut the door immediately after taking your bike out.
- Make sure you close the door – the hire period starts as soon as the door is closed.
- Unfold it if you’re riding, or carry it if you’re not, and off you go!
- Keep it folded in your office, take it on the train, take it wherever you want!
How to return a bike
- When you’ve finished using your bike, take it back to the Dock and fold it up.
- Send a text to 07800 008078 with “dock number space NOW space your PIN”
- You will receive back a text with the number of an empty bay and an access code. This access code is valid for one hour
- Punch the access code into the keypad on the dock, press ENTER and the empty bay will unlock. If you have made an error please press CANCEL and start again. Place the bike in the unlocked bay and shut the door immediately.
- Frequent membership: £45.00 annual membership fee and £2.50 daily hire charge
- Leisure membership: £10.00 annual membership fee and £5.00 daily hire charge